Why Won’t Big Pharma Ever Cure Cancer? They Reap $100 Billion On Cancer Drugs Each Year
Critics of modern medicine were particularly cynical when it comes to how much industry and medical science are serious about finding drugs for some diseases, especially those that generate billions of dollars of profits for drug manufacturers annually.
In 2012 alone, for example, Americans spent $ 325.8 billion on medicines, which was the year when drug consumption for the first time in the last decade had fallen.
Consumption of medication for colds and flu is costing billions each year; So also spending on cancer – both diseases that some people see as too lucrative to treat.
As reported by Michael Snider on the End of the American Dream website, Americans have a 1-in-3 chance of having some form of cancer in their lives. For men, the odds are closer to 1-in-2.
In addition, almost everyone in the country knows someone who has cancer or died of the disease. Snider notes that this is not always the case.
“In the 1940s, only one of the sixteen Americans would develop cancer. Something has happened that the rate of cancer in this country has completely exploded, and it is anticipated that cancer will soon outgrow heart disease and become the leading cause of death in the United States, “Snider wrote. $ 100 billion a year for the treatment of cancer
Overall, the World Health Organization estimates that around 14 million new cases of cancer are diagnosed worldwide every year; it is expected that the number of new cases will increase by almost 70% in the next 20 years.
“There are very few words in English that cause more fear of the word” cancer “, but despite the billions spent on research and all the technological advances we have made over the years, this plague is still wildly losing control, Snider wrote. “Why’s that?”
Because, he said, the infection is contagious.
According to NBC News, spending on cancer drugs and treatment has exceeded $ 100 billion in 2014 – a “new milestone”. In fact, spending medication for cancer increased from last year to 10 percent last year.
The IMS Institute of Health Informatics said spending five years earlier was only $ 75 billion. The institute further noted that between 2010 and 2014 there were 45 new drugs on the market.
How NBC News released:
Two of them are so-called immunotherapy, a new brand that uses the immune system to fight cancer. They are Opdivo from Bristol-Myers Squibb and Keytruda from Merck. Both prices cost $ 12,500 per month.
Indeed, the number of Americans who get cancer continues to grow for centuries. As reported by Health Impact News, at the beginning of the 20th century, 1 person in 20 would get cancer. By the 1940s, this figure had risen to 1 by 16; until the 1970s, 1 in 10. And again, today, that figure is 1 in 3.
“The disease care system”
The health reports also state:
The cancer industry is probably the most advanced business in the United States. In 2014, it is estimated that there will be 1665,540 new cancer cases and 585,720 cancer deaths in the United States. The $ 6 billion taxpayers are being redirected through various federal cancer research agencies, such as the National Cancer Institute (NCI). NCI says medical costs for the treatment of cancer are 125 billion dollars, with an estimated increase of 39 percent to $ 173 billion by 2020.
Snider – and millions of other Americans – realize that companies must make profits if they want to stay sustainable, and that, unfortunately, includes Big Pharma. But forcing Americans to pay more than $ 12,000 a month to treat cancer seems to be somewhat extreme.
Moreover, for all the money we spend on traditional cancer care, the results are at best insufficient.
“If you have a diagnosis of cancer in America today and decide to entrust your medical system with your treatment, you can forgive your financial future,” Snider wrote.
“Even if you have health insurance, you will probably end up at one place or another. Or you will survive and be broken, or you will die flat broke.”
Moreover, despite the cost of treatment, survival rates of cancer are still not optimal. Today, a five-year survival rate for those diagnosed with cancer is only 65%. This means that the remaining 35% of patients with cancer will not survive that period; For certain forms of cancer, rates of mortality are extremely high.
One of the biggest reasons for our cancer rates, says Natural News, Mike Adams, a healthcare ranger, is the poisonous food we eat.
As Adams noted in 2005, one of the biggest causes of cancer in America is our increasingly toxic diet – even in places of health.
“Coffee in cancer centers, hospitals, clinics and, of course, public schools around the country now serve really dangerous food,” Adams wrote, noting that the health system in the country is more like a “disease-care” system. “