15 Reasons to Keep Coconut Oil in Your Bathroom
Coconut oil has a pleasant smell, and besides being very economical, it’s an incredibly diverse and therapeutic substance. From the mid-nineties, roughly, coconut oil are uses for numerous uses, such as cleaning, deodorizing and treating.
Coconut oil, as well as butter, is a solid substance that melts in liquid form when it reaches 76 degrees.
Insensitive at room temperature. If it is not treated with processes such as bleaching, refining or deodorizing, the coconut oil exudes the mild odor you expect – like coconut.
Why keep coconut oil in the bathroom?
Crude, organic coconut oil, except that it is good enough to eat (which we will discuss in a minute), has many advantages. Here’s a list of 15 advantages of coconut oil
Smoothshave – If you have been affected by red, irritated skin after shaving, coconut oil is soothing and antibacterial.
- Rash recovery – problems with rash from mild allergic reactions can be eliminated using coconut oil. Propylene glycol is a chemical that is found in commercial moisturizing agents that can cause skin irritation and dermatitis.
- Lip Balm – Use coconut oil to moisturize, store and hydrate cracked lips without inadvertently eating endocrine disruptors.
- Facial Cleanser – Effective as face wash, mixing equal parts of coconut oil and castor oil is known as cleansing oil. Massage the skin and gently remove it with a warm napkin.
- 90 % of the washing and cleaning products you buy contain harmful chemicals such as sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium
laurethsulfate, which in combination with other chemicals can form cancer-causing nitrosamines. Makeup remover – not only can you clean your face, but you can remove it as a natural remover of makeup – even stubborn mascara and eye pencil.
- Night Cream – Although you may not want to use coconut oil under the lipstick, apply lightly before go to the bed and you will hydrate your skin. If the skin around your nails is hard and peel, treat the skin with a soothing rubbing of coconut oil to make them soft.
- Deodorant – coconut blended, if desired, with essential oils such as lavender is highly effective – much better than antiperspirants containing aluminum that is associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Another recipe for deodorant combines 3 teaspoons of coconut oil, arrowroot (or corn starch) and baking soda.
- Fungus fighter – Because of its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, the coconut is very effective in combating the athlete’s foot. Rub it at the bottom of the foot after each shower.
- Antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal compounds in coconut oil have been shown to inactivate microorganisms such as bacteria, yeasts, and fungi.
- Soothing bath – As an alternative to baths that can cause urinary tract infections, especially in children, drop coconut oil in a bath with several essential oils. And it hydrates and helps to kill the bacteria.
- Body scrubbing – Combining equal parts of coconut oil with sea salt, sugar or baking soda to soften, smoothen and hydrate your skin.
- Body Lotion – The hydrating creams you buy at the store usually contain harmful chemicals such as aluminum, phthalates, parabens, formaldehyde and propylene glycol. Coconut is a fragrant, moisturizing alternative that does not contain any of it.
- Toothpaste – To fight caries and even bleach, make a toothpaste DIY of coconut oil by mixing 1 teaspoon with 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 2 drops of peppermint essential oil. Just brsuh it as usual.
- Oil pulling – Oral rinsing functions as a mouthwash, only you do not need to rinse it.
- When applied to infected pieces or wounds, coconut oil develops a layer of natural protective chemicals that also prevent the formation of dust, fungi, bacteria and viruses. It is applied to bruises, accelerates the process of healing of damaged tissues
- Frizz fighter – People with hair that tend to curl,
turn geland silicone or alcohol-based foam, prevent it from absorbing moisture and drying hair. Just a few drops of coconut oil are all you need for a natural hair balm for a smooth, silky shine.