13 Reasons To Drink Watermelon Juice for Its Deep Cleansing, Alkalizing And Mineralizing Properties
Watermelon is a fruit that cleans, alkalizes, mineralizes and improves health in many ways.
It belongs to the Cucurbitaceae family , along with melon, pumpkin and similar plants that grow on the ground. The watermelons are round, light to dark green, with lighter striped strips, and usually their flesh is bright red.
They are full of water, more specifically 92%, as well as beta-carotene, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B5 and lower amounts B1, B2, B3 and B6. Watermelons are also rich in essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and smaller amounts of copper, iron and zinc.
Watermelons contain red carotenoid pigment lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant, as well as citrulline, another important and useful compound.
Watermelon juice is incredibly healthy, and here are some of his health benefits:
- alkaliates, which means it neutralizes acidity in the system and prevents chronic diseases, such as cancer, protects against parasites, harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi and yeasts.
- High content of lycopene battles inflammation and alleviates and treat inflammatory conditions, such as arthritis
- Watermelon can lower the C-reactive protein (CRP) – a full-body inflammation-related body arthritis torment and heart disease, and is also rich in carotenoid beta-cryptoxanthin, which relieves the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and treats painful inflammatory conditions of the joints.
- This juice has laxative effects that soothe the gastrointestinal tract, regulate pH levels, treat acid reflux and fight inflammation and acidity. He is also excellent in constipation treatment.
- Since it is abundant with various minerals, watermelon juice renews the lost electrolytes lost after a good workout and treats symptoms such as muscle pain, cramps, nausea; restlessness, frequent headaches, insomnia, heart palpitations, tiredness, tingling and joint pain and vertigo.
- Improves eye health because it is rich in beta-carotene (pro-vitamin A) that converts to vitamin A (retinol) in the body. It prevents eye problems like macular degeneration associated with age, cataract, retinal degeneration and night blindness
- Watermelons are a little caloric, but rich in water and fiber, so their consumption creates a sense of satiety, cleanses the body from toxins and helps in weight loss
- Rich in antioxidants, lycopene and other essential vitamins and minerals, watermelon juice reduces the risk of stroke and heart disease. Lycopene reduces the thickness of the inner layer of the blood vessels, reducing the risk of myocardial infarction, while protecting LDL oxidation protects against heart attack, ischemic stroke and atherosclerosis.
- It is an effective detoxification drink that accelerates metabolism and eliminates all types of toxins from the body.
- Lycopene reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the event of allergies and asthma, and the consumption of watermelon juice increases the immune in the body.
- Amino acid citrulline in watermelons, which at its highest concentration in white rind, along with vitamin C, breaks the stone in the kidney, detoxifies the kidneys and the bladder and fights against inflammation caused by free radicals. Watermelon juice acts as a diuretic, treats water retention, prevents bloating in PMS and fights urinary tract infections.
-Watermelon water relaxes and spreads blood vessels and increases energy levels and endurance, so it can act as a natural Viagra and treat mild erectile dysfunction.
In addition, watermelon seeds are also rich in nutrients, healthy fats and minerals such as magnesium, iron, and zinc. They therefore suppress appetite, energize the body, strengthen hair, skin and nails, accelerate metabolism and prevent anemia, fatigue, depression.
However, despite the innumerable benefits of this fruit, its excessive consumption can have negative effects, so make sure you follow these spending tips:
To avoid nighttime sleep disorders, make sure to eat these fruits or drink watermelon juice on an empty stomach or earlier during the day.
The watermelon peel contains 95% nutritional benefits, so you can juice it with meat and seeds.
Wash watermelons before eating.
To preserve the freshness of the remaining watermelon, wrap it in a foil and hold it in the fridge.
Try the following tasty recipe:
- 2 glasses of watermelon without seeds, cubed
- 1 cup of cantaloupe melon, cubed
- 1/2 glasses of lemon-lime soda pop
- 1 cup honeydew melon, cubed
- 1/2 dice of ice
Mix the watermelon, honey, melon and ice in the mixer. Then add lemon juice and lime juice and mix until it becomes smooth.